Thursday, 26 July 2012

Egypt in France

I was in London. I saw that I was working in the studio. It was a fine morning. I was working on an extra-large desk when my eye caught a book or a magazine about Egypt.

I left the studio to return back home and take care of the dog but I took an alternative route and I started climbing a mountain with thick vegetation. I passed under heavily hanging wines and I came across a couple of tourists that were staring at a shallow hole in the ground that was covered with something that looked like cement. It  had something printed up on it and they were wondering wether it was an ancient scripture. I informed them that the material was contemporary and went on with my scroll. I walked and walked and it was all very interesting, although I can no longer describe it in detail.

Eventually I got on the top of the hill and realized I was walking on a pyramid that had been transported to Europe. I also realized that I was no longer in England but that I had accidentally crossed the borders and that I was now In France. I started panicking. I had no idea how I had gone there, I could not retrace my course, I did not have my passport with me and the whole place looked so unfamiliar. I could see the pyramid behind me but all around I could only see the pointy beams of a large, industrial bridge. It was turquoise and white but I could not tell where it led. 

I decided that there was no way I could find my way back on my own. Furthermore I was aware that I was surrounded by water and did not really understand how I had got from England to France on foot. I took the widest road and got to the boarder. There I found an official with a thin mustache and old-school military clothes, like a prototype from an old film. I asked if he wouldn't mind if I explained to him my situation in English because I was too stressed for French. He was very helpful. I started searching in my bag for any documents in English but all I could find were the ones I have in Greek. There was also a woman there. She was full and around her fifties. I did not know what she was doing there but she kept butting in and she seemed eager to figure out the way I had taken to cross to France so as to barricade it. 

The official looked perplexed and asked me to fill out some forms with my personal information, since he could not understand what was written on my identity card. He asked if I had any money for accommodation and I was delighted to find that  I had my red wallet with my ATM card with me. I was really worried about my dog that had been alone for so many hours and I wanted to call my partner to let him know that I would be late.

I woke up. The sun had rose but I had another hour until the alarm clock would start beeping. I slept again and dreamt of blue paper flowers with petals that flew in the wind when one blew at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment